At St. Matthew's we ensure regular and consistent communication with parents. As such, we regularly seek feedback from parents on ways to improve our school in addition to what they think works well.
Many thanks to the parents who took the time to complete our latest parental questionnaire at parents' evening, with 81 responses. Here our some of the main findings from Mr Hassan's (School Governor) report:
- the school was praised for the quality of teaching and for parents being able to discuss their child's progress.
- parents were happy over lunchtime arrangements and staff being helpful and listening to their concerns.
- parents were happy for the dedication and management of the welfare of their children
- the school was strongly recommended for it's safety, progress, caring and the children being well taught.
- good standards of behaviour were praised and the parents were very pleased with the support of their child's learning and responding well to their concerns.
Issues for consideration include:
more sports after school
more information on the new curriculum
outbreaks of headlice
ensuring discipline is of the highest standards both in class and on the playground
All these areas will be discussed at the next governors meeting.
Come back soon to see how we plan on acting on some of the findings
Lancashire LEA: http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/home/2010/classic/index.asp
Department for Education: https://www.gov.uk/browse/education